Hello and welcome!
We can’t wait to have you for Munduzer 2016 where together we will challenge our bodies, center our minds, and celebrate life!
As you check out the schedule below, make sure to envision the experiences you are going to have, the people you are going to meet, and most importantly what you want to get out of this. (Courage to quit a job & start a business, three days of getting away from the stress of real life, find a new partner, etc.)
We look forward to seeing you very soon!
With Love & Intention,
The Desert Canvas Team
FRIDAY APRIL 8TH
SET UP CAMP IN STYLE: 12:00PM – 5:00PM
Average Historical Weather: High 83″ Low 58′Come early and set up camp as we jam out to some tunes put on by you! Request your song and our DJ will add it to the mix!
Relay race + photo booth available from 4:00-5:00PM
LIVE MUSIC: 5:00PM – 10:00PM
Check out our main stage located in the amphitheater at Estrella Regional park! 3D computer graphic of what to expect!
5:00 – 5:45 | Colten Hood
6:00 – 6:30 | Melody Is King (with live performers)
7:00 – 8:00 | Banana Gun
8:30 – 9:30 | Harrison Fjord
9:00 – 10:00 | David Avatara (DJ set)
Check out their music by clicking their names above!
Full Setlist TBA
SATURDAY APRIL 9TH: CHALLENGE THE BODY
8:00AM – 12:00PM
YOGA CLASS | 8:00AM – 9:00AM
Once again take a second to imagine 500 people doing yoga just outside of Phoenix, Arizona in this amphitheater!
Our sponsor Ironwood Yoga, a local Phoenix studio, will lead a 1 hour Vinyasa yoga class.
ADVENTURE HIKE | 9:00AM – 12:00PM
Gear up for an exciting adventure hike in the mountains of Estrella with new friends for our 2.4 mile course with secret stops along the way! Join anytime!
Stop 1: Embrace The Beauty!
One mile in we will ask you to take a moment to embrace the beauty around you as we lead you through a 10 minute sound healing guided meditation with Bambukah! Sessions will start every 30 minutes.
Stop 2: Live Music + Coffee On Top of a Mountain!
Enjoy a cup of coffee or hot tea while listening to Steve Ayotte and his band play live music in the middle of nowhere! Hear your favorite song and jam out for this unique experience! An experience you won’t forget!
Stop 3: Put That Warrior Paint On!
Paint your friend’s face and take advantage of our photo opportunity with your new hiking buddies! Photographer at location.
Stop 4: Finish Strong and Stretch Out That Body
The hike will end with a therapeutics Acroyoga workshop led by AcroBody which will transition into more activities for the day. Sessions will start every 30 minutes. No experience necessary!
SATURDAY APRIL 9TH: CENTER THE MIND
12:00PM – 5:00PM
No better way to recharge from such a fun filled morning than to immerse yourself in the Sonic Sound Bath by Bhavani for an hour in the Desert Canvas Dome as part of the Noon Siesta. If this isn’t your thing then we have you covered with a comfy spot in the Hammock Hangouts!
Keep an ear out for the Transformational Stage pumping music the whole time if you can’t get enough dancing!
We hope you feel refreshed after this because there will be a plethora of workshops to choose from happening all over the festival! (Site map below)
Hooping – Jessica Packard
Partner Hooping – Serene Isabelo & Cameo Wilson
Juggling – Brendon Herbert of Circus Farm
Staff – Trish Murti of Circus Farm
Devil Stix – David Hirshman
Meteor – Nathan Machutta
Contact Improv – AJ Germano of Arizona Ecstatic Dance
Flow Creation: Chakra Balancing – Serene Isabelo of F.L.O.W.rish Thrive
“No Small Talk Here”: A movement towards Authenticity – Brittany Shulla
Capoeira – Kino Romo of Capoeira Topazio AZ
Hypnotherapy Sessions – Becky Lee Gosselink of Chrysalis Transformations
Thai Massage – Kira Krick of AcroVenture
Paracord Bracelet making – Drew Munson
DC Discussions: “Veganism” by JD Bergan & “Sustainability” by AJ Azaria
Art Installations + Vendor Village
And if that isn’t enough, check out our “R&B” art installation as featured at Desert Canvas’ Rebirth & Relentless Beats’ Decadence AZ New Years Festival, paint on our co-created canvas, or climb up the Cactus Dome to relax on the flower cushion as shown below!
Finally, whether it’s because you get hungry or because you need a new pair of yoga pants you can cruise on over to the Vendor Village for some shopping and delicious healthy food options!
This group of unique shops and restaurants is not your average afternoon of window shopping. We have hand selected all of our vendors to give you a shopping experience to remember.
The Munduzer team understands you make a conscious decision about what you put into your body so we ensured our vendors use only fresh, real, and the best tasting ingredients to satisfy your cravings. We’ve also taken conscious dietary needs into consideration giving you multiple options including vegan and gluten free.
Our featured food vendors include fresh hand tossed pizza by Freak Brothers Pizza Co, delectable vegan burritos by Mi Vegana Madre, and crisp salads with homemade gluten dressing from Livin Lite AZ. We promise you’ll never have to eat the same meal twice!
After you’re finished dining continue down the path to our variety of shops. Even though our vendors all reside within the South West corner of the United States, we ensured their handmade and handpicked products make you feel like you are at a world-wide market.
Stop by the Flow Shop and pick up a new hoop for the workshop later in the afternoon. Try on a one of kind hand embroidered skirt from Basil Hilltribe that you can show off at the upcoming DJ set. Even pick out a piece of raw crystal jewelry for that special someone from Dinityom Designs. By the end of your shopping experience you will need to stop by Centered Gravity for a massage.
The list continues to grow! This is as of 3/17!
SATURDAY APRIL 9TH: CELEBRATE LIFE
1:00PM – 10:00PM
After a long day of challenging the body and centering the mind it will be time to start the celebration! Join us at Main Stage at 1:00PM for 56,000 watts of audio power and an abundance of lights to blow away your senses and get the party started! Watch this quick 30 second video to get a taste of what to expect!
Don’t forget about the renegade setup at the Transformational Stage where the entire lineup is yet to be released! Guaranteed surprises will happen!
3:30 – 4:30 | Steve Ayotte
5:00 – 6:00 | DJ Dusted
6:15 – 7:15 | Jeremiah Christo
7:15 – 7:45 | Special performance by The Circus Farm
7:45 – 8:45 | Marija Dunn
9:00 – 10:00 | The Adaptive
Click the links above for their music!
Full Setlist TBA
LED & Fire Performers
Saturday night is not just about the music! Watch out for blazing fire performances from Circus Farm and our very own Desert Canvas Hoop Team along with spectacular ambient LED acts throughout the night!
SUNDAY APRIL 10TH: THE PARTY IS NOT OVER UNTIL 3:00PM!
The party is not over! We will host another massive yoga class at 9:00AM, guide a more strenuous hike put on by Brand Brothers, and fill the stage with even more DJs and live bands before we say our goodbyes to this incredible 3 day experience!
Please check back for the full Sunday schedule in next couple weeks!
GET READY FRIENDS. Munduzer 2016 is going to be an event you talk about for years to come!
So let me ask you? What did you think? Did you take our advice and imagine all the experiences you can have and all the new friends can meet? Most importantly do you now have a better idea of what you are going to get out of this?!
So what are you waiting for!? Have those experiences, make those new friends, and walk away transformed!
FAQ & REFERENCE
Site Map as of 3/13 (Subject to change)
Munduzer 2016 Music, Arts & Adventure Festival is located 1 hour west of Phoenix in:
- Estrella Mountain Regional Park
- 14805 W Vineyard, Goodyear, Arizona 85338
- Camp in the designated camping! This is the best way to fully integrate yourself into the event and meet new people. To camp within the park, your car needs to purchase a 3 day camping pass ($30). This will give you and everyone in the car a car pass to leave your car over night, and a camping spot that holds 3-8 people. The more people you fit into the car, the cheaper it is for everyone, so be sure to car pool!
- Camp in our VIP area. Extensive details below! Contact [email protected] with questions.
- Sleep outside of the park. Affordable hotels are only a 9 minute drive away! This means that you will be driving to and from the park every day. You will purchase the $15 Weekend DAY parking pass. This will get you and everyone in your car a parking pass for the entire event. You will be required to move your car before 3 AM every evening. Park service people will be enforcing this rule based off the car parking pass we give you to put in your car. NO OVERNIGHT PARKING WITH THIS OPTION. If you plan on leaving the park each night, please be responsible and DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. Park services will be watching for people under the influence leaving the park.
- Recommended hotel option: Best Western Phoenix (Only 9 minute drive away. $10 -$15 estimated Uber ride! Carpool and save!)
This is a working list of what to bring. Please check back here before the event to see what we have added!
- WATER! LOTS OF WATER! THERE IS NO WATER ONSITE. We recommend you bring 3 liters of water per person, per day! Plan to bring 6-10 gallons of water per person in your car! You can buy reusable water jugs at REI HERE that will help with this requirement.
- Food, snacks, and drinks. You can purchase food all day at the event, but plan ahead if you have food restrictions in your diet. Also, this event is BYOB for 21+. NO GLASS OR HARD ALCOHOL PERMITTED. Canned beers and bagged wine allowed.
- Camp trash bag REQUIRED. This is a leave no trace event, so pick up after yourself.
- Yoga Mat.
- Hiking equipment: Hiking shoes, reusable water bottles, backpack, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, first aid. Be prepared.
- Warm clothes for chilly nights.
- Fire wood for the big bon fire. If there is not a fire ban, we can have a fire going for as long as there is wood! Bring 1-2 bundles per car, and we will stay warm every night!
- Biodegradable soap, washcloth, and extra water for a sponge bath, OR babywipes to clean off after morning hike-n-bike trips. We will also have showers for purchase. Shower ticket costs $10.
- Your mountain bike AND HELMET. If you have a bike you can ride trails around the park for miles! Helmets required.
- Camera. There will be some amazing views from the mountain tops. We will be doing an adventure hike with cool stops, so be prepared to capture the memories. #desertcanvas #cocreatewithus
- WATER. Just another friendly reminder 🙂
- Camp gear: Tent, sleeping pad to sleep on and keep you warm, blankets/sleeping bags (lows in the 50’s), tent stakes, pillows, toiletries, hand sanitizer.
- HEADLAMPS/FLASHLIGHTS. It will be really dark outside at night.
- Extra batteries/chargers for headlights and phones.
- Cash or card to purchase items from the vendors!
- ***WRITE YOUR NAME AND NUMBER ON ALL YOUR BELONGINGS WITH SHARPIE. LOST ITEMS WILL NOT BE RETURNED UNLESS THEY ARE MARKED.
- Access to the VIP LOUNGE area. We will have a shady hangout spot backstage where you can just sit down and relax. This is where all the musicians and performers will be hanging before their sets. Come by and make some new friends!
- In the VIP LOUNGE we will be offering FREE continental breakfast and fresh snacks all day. Come and enjoy yourself, get to know our performers, and sip on some complimentary coffee or tea to re-vamp yourself for the night! The VIP LOUNGE will be located right behind the stage and will be a fenced off area. With your VIP pass, you are free to enter and leave your bag of warm clothes and electronics. This way you won’t have to walk all the way back to camp to grab your stuff for the night!
- Free Charging Station. We will have an outlet hooked up to our back stage generators that you can use to charge your electronics. We will have security watching over this charging station within the VIP section so you can enjoy yourself while your phone re-juices!
- Free shower passes. We will be selling shower tokens at the event, but you will have free access to showers with your VIP pass! Enjoy a refreshing shower after our hot activity hike and yoga session to start the day clean and pampered.
- VIP camping. If you purchased the VIP ticket, you will have access to all of the above amenities, plus CHOICE camping location as can be seen on the site map.
If you’re not good at camping, don’t like it, or just don’t have the necessary supplies, consider this package deal! When you purchase your VIP Glamping pass you will get 2 VIP wristbands and access to all VIP areas (read VIP Tickets), as well as this tent pre-setup ready for your arrival. Your 16.5′ Bell tent will have a carpeted ground, a queen size airbed with white linens (2 bed options available if you want to fit more people in the tent! Yes its that big!), a down comforter, Mexican blankets, 2 pallet crates, and LED lanterns.
All you need to bring is your personal items and you are set for the weekend! This option will also include a free shower pass! If you want this option save yourself the Eventbright fees and contact us at [email protected] or 480-477-8916 for alternative payment options.
Get ready for the comforts of home with the beautiful outdoor setting!